onsdag 22 februari 2017

Newton pop-up card

Last fall I bought the Lawn Fawn popup dies and have been itching to use them ever since. Now was the time. I used Newton's Nook "Birthday flutter"-stamp set and I also used Lawn Fawn's stiched cloud border dies.

I was inspired by a card on Pinterest and wanted to do the front of my card with all the clouds in different colors. Then on the inside I used the popup to really deliver the message in the most surprising way. Loved how it turned out.
Popup with Newton's birthday flutter, the front
The bird and kitty is colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. The clouds are really very blue, it's just the photo that is not the best. Blaming it on the really long dark winters here, not much time to photograph in daylight *smile*.


Popup with Newton's birthday flutter, the inside
The back is ink blended with distress inks and the sentiments are heat embossed. I think it was here that I figured out why you really shouldn't use black embossing powder but instead use a black ink and clear embossing powder, the risk is otherwise that you have black speckles EVERYWHERE...

The patterned paper is also from Lawn Fawn. Love that whole series. I saw that they have now come out with a similar one but in rainbow colors. Must have it =)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar