torsdag 30 mars 2017

Distress ink lifting on tulips

Ages ago I saw a video by Jennifer McGuire where she talked about "Distress ink lifting". Today I tried it out with my tulip stamp set from Altenew.

First you heat emboss your image. 
Colored whole background with distress inks


Then you saturate your paper with distress ink. The bolder color the better. I took the ink pad directly to the paper to get it really wet. Then I worked with an ink blending tool as well. 
Testing distress ink lifting


I wanted to participate in the Color Throwdown challenge where the colors this time were yellow, green and blue so I chose Squeezed lemonade.
White heat embossed tulips


After the paper is loaded with ink, you "lift" the ink with a wet brush. If you want, you can then add additional color. I added some Mowed Lawn to get that green. To get some blue in there I tied some blue bakers twine around and finished off with a sentiment stamped in black and some pearl stickers.
Yellow tulips, Altenew stamp set
The effect would be more noticeable, had I chosen a more intense color like blue or red. I think I will go for red next time ;)


Challenges
The Color throwdown
Simon Says Wednesday challenge - Anything goes

1 kommentar:

  1. Gorgeous card Marianne! It's so pretty & the yellow is so striking.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    SvaraRadera