torsdag 6 april 2017

Creating galaxy backgrounds

I've always been amazed by galaxy backgrounds since I first took an interest in cardmaking. Since Lawn Fawn's new release included such an adorable set with planets and a spaceman, I just had to try it. I got the LF set just the other week. So, I took out a bunch of colors of distress inks including; Picked raspberry, Mustard seed, Peacock feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked pistachio, Salty ocean, Chipped saphire and of course Black soot and simply "went to town". I sponged on the colors really heavily in streaks across a regular piece of card stock. When I was happy with the different bright colors, I switched to Chipped saphire and Black soot. To finish it off, I sprayed some water on them to get the cool "star effect" and then I also took out some Picket fence distress paint, diluted it with a bit of water and splattered it all across the cards. This is the final result;
Galaxy backgrounds with distress inks



This is my make shift "splatter cubby". You use what you have *ha ha*
Make shift splatter cubby out of a cardboard box



Now, all that is left is to stamp the new Lawn Fawn set and get to coloring. Some of the backgrounds I will try to make interactive by having the spaceman or rocket swivel around but... we'll get to that later =)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar