tisdag 31 oktober 2017

Grand maple leaves

Fall is upon us and now was the perfect time to bring out the grand maple leaf die from Simon Says stamp.

I started by inking two panels, one on Canson watercolor paper and one on Ranger's woodgrain paper. I used distress inks in Candied apple, Spiced marmalade, Fossilized amber and Crushed olive. When I was happy with how the panels looked, I spritzed them with some water and dabbed up the drops with a paper towel. When everything was dry I die cut the grand maple leaf and now had the basis for 4 cards.
For the leaves I decided on the above design. I die-cut the two panels with Hero Arts rectangle die. I heat embossed the gold specks with chunky gold embossing powder. The sentiment is heat embossed in regular gold embossing powder. The leaves were glued in to place and then I attached some black hemp and tied it into a knot. The smaller panel was then mounted with fun foam onto the larger panel.


For the panels with the leaf cut outs I wanted to create shaker cards. I heat embossed the sentiment (Lawn Fawn) onto a craft panel and also used some chunky gold embossing powder for the larger specks. I then foam mounted the panel with a piece of acetate in the front and filled it with green, red and gold sequins.


I also wanted to make this one into a shaker card. I did the same thing as with the card above, unfortunately, I forgot to mount the acetate before I mounted the foam tape *fail, smile* so I simply made it into a card with dimensions. I mounted some gold sequins on the front.


Close-up of the woodgrain cardstock.


Close up of the shaker card.

Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Anything goes


1 kommentar:

  1. Gorgeous cards Marianne! Your ink work is wonderful & the leaves look so pretty against the dark background.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    SvaraRadera