söndag 10 september 2017

Duh-nuh, DUH-nuh, DUH-NUH!!

When I saw Lawn Fawn's You are jawsome shark set, I just had to have it. Not everybody today has seen the movie Jaws but I have and could definitely relate! For this card I really tried to build up the suspense by having the shark fin rise higher and higher for each square.

I blended the background directly on the card base with some distress ink. For the front panel I used a My Favorite Things die. It actually only cuts three sides of the squares so you can open them yourself but for this one, I wanted windows so I simply cut the forth side off with a craft knife. I stamped the "duh-nuh" on the card base with Versacolor black ink using the Misty. I didn't want the sentiment to be crooked but perfectly centered under each square.
Shark fin coming higher and higher


When you open the card, you are greated like this:
You are Jawsome!
I used distress ink for the sky and waves using Lawn Fawn dies to create those. The sun is actually from the "Out of this world" stamp set and the clouds comes from the "Plane and simple" stamp set. All the images are colored with Zig clean color real brush markers.

I wanted to participate in Prairie Paper & Ink (AmyR) Happy mail haul and this one suited perfectly for the August theme of "Back to school/Teacher/Appreciation". I got it away on time and it showed up in Canada. You can see the Happy Mail Haul for August here.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar